Sunday, March 4, 2018

Collage Project 8th grade

I saw something similar to this while searching for collage ideas.  I used it at the beginning of the year because I wanted to start with something I was pretty sure they could all be successful with - especially for those that have no art background.
They were allowed to use an image of their choice.  Those that chose to use a photo of themselves were my favorite.  It's amazing how much the end result actually looks like them -- even without facial feature details!
They shared their image with me via Google Docs or email.  I projected the image onto the front whiteboard, they taped up a large piece of cardboard, and traced the important lines and shapes.  From there they looked through magazines to try and find the same type of colors and values as in their image.  This could be a challenge, but it worked out very well.  Some kids worked by themselves, others alone.  It took about a week and a half to complete.  One of my favorites!!














2 comments:

  1. This project is great and I love how each is so personal. How big were these cardboard cutouts?

    ReplyDelete