Sunday, March 4, 2018

Still Life Drawings - 8th Grade

Still Life drawing can be boring --- however, I've found a "new" way to keep my kids interested!
The secret to my success.....marshmallows!  Such an easy way to introduce the idea and keep their interest.  Bonus, they are excited to eat the marshmallows when they're done.  ;)
I like this because it's a nice way to have them attempt drawing an object sitting in front of them without too much detail and stress.
We first review how to draw a simple cylinder.  I demonstrate via a document camera and they follow along.  We also practice shading.  All of this is done with low lighting in the room.
Next, each student is given a paper placemat and some large and small marshmallows.  They are asked to set up at least four different arrangements with their marshmallows and draw them - shading included!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment